Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekend work, and slept in in for two nights, propane woes.

So my wife was gone on a girls weekend, so the boys got some work done on the RV and took it for another drive... some good some bad... well here goes:

I scraped all the purple 1980's tint off, let's a lot more light in and got rid of that horrible purple, weathered bubbled tint. Some came off really easily in sheets, and some was a LOT of scraping with a razor blade, (or 4).

IMAG0980

E and I brought out a heater, a laptop and some desktop speakers to watch a movie and sleep both Friday and Saturday nights. Friday we slept in the twins, for Saturday I found a piece of plywood that worked great to make it into a big King, and we slept the other way (heads to Port, feet to Starboard) That was fun both nights! Sunday we took it out for a little spin to keep everything flowing. Stopped by the Auto Parts store and Grabbed a new filter and a in-line fuel pump to help transfer the fuel up to the mechanical pump after it's been sitting for a while. I think I'll wire that up to one of the switches on the dash, but maybe on a momentary switch instead of a toggle... hmmm. Toggle for now.

Went down to my dad's to visit on Sunday and he showed me a bit about the drain valves that are leaking, I tried to get new guts, but the guy at Lowes was useless in helping, I guessed and it wasn't quite right... back those go. I am trying to replace the guts without removing the valves themselves... they have been there for a while, so I don't want to do more damage trying to remove them than I need to... this will be fun... I think I'll have to go to McLendon's in Renton, they have a MUCH better plumbing selection then HD/Lowes for stuff like this. So I'll snap a picture of the valve body, and bring one of the existing guts with me so hopefully I can get the right one.

He also gave me a roll of excess fabric from one of the jobs he did. I like it a lot, I guess it was something like $80/yard and was imported from Italy. There is not enough to do both the rear cushions AND the dinette... so I'll have to choose one or the other... or... maybe just use this for the tops and sides of the cushions and use a complimentary fabric for the bottoms... I'll have to unroll it and get real measurements, but I think it's about 5-6 yards x (54inches wide) so we'll see. It has a really nice look and feel to it.

IMAG0988

I tried to get a couple gallons of Propane filled to test out the furnace and such... and the fill valve is stuck open so the LP just poured out on the concrete... have to get it replaced.

Well that's about it. Until next weekend (or I get a chance to get out there again.)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy "water hack" burns 2 lbs OVERNIGHT

    Well over 160k men and women are losing weight with a simple and secret "liquids hack" to burn 2lbs every night while they sleep.

    It's proven and it works all the time.

    This is how you can do it yourself:

    1) Take a glass and fill it with water half full

    2) And then use this weight loss HACK

    you'll be 2lbs thinner the next day!

    ReplyDelete