Friday, February 18, 2011

The weekend is upon us!!

So we took the valves back that didn't work at Lowe's and I grabbed a couple of carpet samples of what I may put in there... I'm leaning to the multicolored one to bring in the reds, browns and blacks together... but it's also the most expensive too. 2nd on the list is the Berber (center). Both of these will go with the fabric I got from my dad.

IMAG0997.jpg


Then looking through the lights I came across this, it's meant to be down lighting for a deck, but I'm going to use it for the entry steps. I may or may not have it on one of the dash switches, and maybe I'll have it triggered when the door opens... not sure. But it's only 7W 12v so it won't drain the battery very fast, so I may just run it direct from the dash, or run it on the same switch the lit Barth entry handle is on.

IMAG0999.jpg


Last but not least... one in a million! I found the right valves to replace the guts in my winterizing vales. One got a bit torn up getting it out the first time, and the other probably just needed a new seal, but now I have two smoothly operating valves and didn't need to mess with removing the existing pipes/valves. Yay!

I also scored on the bits I needed for removing most everything in the Coach... at McLendon's in Renton, WA (where I found the valves above) I was able to get the right bits on clearance for only $0.13 a piece!! Normal price? $2.49!! So I bought 10. :)

We should be able to get the overhead cabinets out, and most of the ceiling down this weekend... we'll see if I'm able to get any put back up... probably not. We'll just work on getting the old stuff out. I would really like to get the 12v system working, independent of the Generator or Shore power. Need to open up the Converter and sand a few points to hopefully get them working again. The problem is it's not returning the power to the battery directly when you unplug it. There is a relay I see moving alright, but the points may be gummed up or something. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment